In this guide, I’ll be showing you how to read and reply to a text in any Tesla model.
There are two main options to do this, one for when you are stationary, and one for when you are driving.
So, here are 2 easy-to-follow methods which you can use to text in your Tesla in less than a minute.
Method 1: Tap on the message
This method is useful for when you are stationary and lets you reply to a text without having to get your phone out.
- When the message pops up on your screen, tap on it
- The message will be read aloud to you as well as being shown on the screen
- Tap on it again
- Dictate your message (compatible with punctuation)
- Tap on the message box once more to send it
Method 2: Using the steering wheel (hands-free)
If you’re driving and can’t touch the screen, fear not, you can still find out what the text you received was and reply to it.
- When you receive the text, press on the voice button (this varies depending on the model)
- The text will be read aloud to you
- Press the same button on your steering wheel again
- Say your reply out loud
- Once you’ve finished, click the voice button once more
- Your message will be send
I know that all sounds good in theory but can be difficult to do in practice, so here is a video which explains clearly how to do both methods:
I hope you’ve found this guide on how to text in a Tesla useful. If you have any questions about this or want to give your feedback, leave a comment below.